Finally, designed for every-day use...
The Ultimate Titanium "Click" Pen ...Built To Last A LIFETIME
From: Magnus Macdonald, CogentIndustries.com
I set out to design and make the world's greatest "click" pen...
There was an ultra-strict and non-negotiable criteria this pen had to meet:
- No plastic parts (I don't like plastic!)
- Made 100% from Titanium... (Grade 5 of course!)
- No cheap, mass-manufacturing techniques (this pen had to be bespoke made!)
- No screws or pressed parts... (it just looks flat-out UGLY!)
- Ultra-minimalist... (because, well, there’s nothing quite like it!)
It's taken a lot of work and a ton of testing - and now I present to you The One "Click" pen:
There are no “mass production” techniques used in the construction of this pen … no pressing … no folding … no stamping.
The One "Click" pen has five components … each one precision machined from a solid billet of Grade 5 Titanium.
There are loads of unique features to this pen - but let's start with the one-of-a-kind internal titanium spring...
Custom-Made Titanium Spring
The custom-designed titanium spring is just one of the things that sets this pen apart from the others.
A ton of testing and tweaking went into this spring.
Not only that, but it’s a difficult component to produce (which is probably why no one else has attempted this).
Custom Designed Push-Button Mechanism
While there have been titanium click pens before – almost all of them have plastic and other metals in them (usually the button mechanism and the spring).
The button on this pen is a simple, clean design on the outside...
...but the mechanism inside is something very few others would dare to make (I'm serious here):
This pocket-clip design is truly tried-and-tested. I've used it on my previous Mechanical Pencil project as well as my on first titanium pen a couple of years ago.
The pocket-clip is machined entirely from a solid billet of titanium (around 90% of the titanium is removed to leave this incredible, one-of-a-kind pocket-clip).
As with the pocket-clip... the finger grooves are directly from my tried and tested design used on a previous pen and mechanical pencil.
Hidden Refill Opening
The first “finger groove” on the pen is where you twist off the tip to replace the refill. The opening is hidden and looks just like the other three grooves.
Every component of this pen is machined from a solid piece of titanium.
No tube or sheet (or any other mass-manufacturing techniques) are used in the making of this bespoke pen.
The entire pen can be disassembled and assembled without any special tools.
Lightweight and Perfectly Balanced
I’ve used cheap, plastic pens (too light!) and solid brass pens (too heavy!).
Although The One "Click" pen starts as solid titanium round-bars weighing in at over 80 grams (2.8 oz)... so much material is removed that the result is a light-weight pen unlike anything else available!
If you buy an ink refill – such as the Fisher Space Pen refill – then you can write underwater.
There are no parts on this pen that will corrode, seize or otherwise be affected by seawater (probably the harshest environment you can subject this pen to).
The length of the pen is 124mm (4.9") and the width is 9mm (0.35").
Matte Custom Surface Finish
This pen will boast my original, tried-and-tested, buttery-smooth 'Matte' finish. It's a silver color and also looks better and better as it ages and gets used.
Not only that... but it's highly scratch-resistant too!
Another one of the custom features of the pen is the refill retract mechanism.
Click pens typically require the pushing of the button to extend and retract the refill.
But on this pen, to retract the refill back into the body, you simply push the pocket-clip.
Smooth and Satisfying “Click"
I’ve owned metal click pens that I simply could not use because there was a “grittiness” to the click mechanism.
And so with this pen I guarantee a silky-smooth operation.
Not only that but the crisp “click” sound is a fidgeter’s dream (and very addictive).
Accepts Parker-Style Refills
This pen uses the most popular refill-type in the world ...which is commonly known as the Parker-style refill (sometimes known as "G2").
Here's a list of some of the refills you can use in the pen (thank you to WellAppointedDesk.com for providing this list):
- Diplomat EasyFLOW Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Faber-Castell Scribero Gel Ink Roller Refill
- Fisher Space Pen Refill, PR Series- Colors (Bold, Medium, Fine)
- Fisher Space Pen – Universal Ballpoint Refill
- Foray (Office Depot) Ballpoint Refill for Parker (Medium)
- Kaweco Soul G2 Refill 1.0mm
- Kaweco Sport Roller Ball Pen Refill
- Moleskine Ballpoint Refill
- Moleskine Gel Refill (0.5 and 0.7 mm)
- Moleskine Roller Gel Fluorescent Refills
- Monteverde Ceramic Gel Refill (Broad)
- Monteverde Needle Point Refill (Fine)
- Monteverde Soft Roll- Colored inks (Medium)
- Monteverde Soft Roll- (Superbroad, Medium, Ultrafine)
- OHTO Needlepoint Ballpoint Pen Refill PS-807NP
- OHTO PS-205NP Extra-Fine 0.5mm Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Parafernalia Ballpoint Pen Refill NO LOGO
- Parker Ballpoint Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
- Parker GEL Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium)
- Parker Quinkflow Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium, Fine)
- Pelikan Giant Ballpoint Pen Refill 337 (Broad, Fine, Medium)
- Pentel KFLT8 Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Platignum Standard Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Retro 51 Tornado Roller Ball Refills (REF5P) (Made by Schmidt)
- STABILO EASYgel Refill
- Stabilo Ballpoint Refill
- Tombow BR-ZLM Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Visconti Ballpoint Pen Refill AA49 1.4 (Broad)
- Visconti Gel Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
As long as your refill is in the style below - it will fit!
One more thing...
Here’s just a small sample of the frequent emails and messages I receive all the time from Customers:
One more thing…
You’re going to be receiving my personal unconditional, lifetime guarantee.
If you find The One "Click" pen is just not for you, then let me know and I’ll give you back your money. No questions asked.
In fact, I can do even better for you...
Use this pen for as long as you like. Test it for a day, a week and month, or even a year. And, if your experience of using the pen doesn't have you screaming with delight... you can return it to me at any time. And I'll refund the entire amount to you.
*** Pre-Order ***
I am currently producing a run of these pens and so this is the "pre-order" page only.
You can order right now - and shipping will be around August 2017.
Click here to order The One "Click" right now for $189
To impossibly high standards,
P.S. Finally, when you click the ‘Order Now’ button you’re also going to be getting my 100% Risk-Free Unconditional LIFETIME Guarantee! If you’re not absolutely blown-away with your pen when you rip open the package just let me know ...and I’ll personally refund you every single penny. No questions asked.
© Cogent Industries, All Rights Reserved.
Ohope, New Zealand